The recently established UMID (Unique Medical Identity Card) appears unique and revolutionary since it provides benefits or is like a facility for all employees and retirees and their dependents.
What is UMID?
The etymological meaning of UMID (Ummeed) is ‘Hope.’ This UMID is intended as a way to improve medical beneficiary service delivery. This service is much helpful for Indian Railway employees or officer
UMID is a smart Medical Identity Card provided to the PENSIONER and each dependent, individually & independently and has a unique all-India number. You can get this card through UMID’s official website. (www.digitalir.in/umid/)
The whole process of registration, approval, and card generation takes place on an official UMID website. This involves dynamically updating beneficiary information regularly.
Who Can Get a UMID Card?
UMID cards are issued by Indian railways to the following:
- Dependents of Employees and Pensioners
- Other recipients include Quasi Rly. Employees, porters/coolies, and others.
Check-List for Submission of Application
The checklist for relevant fields and documents to be scanned in JPEG/JPG/PNG format.
- Photograph of the PENSIONER and all of their dependants
- PENSIONER Signature
- Old Medical ID card of PENSIONER or RELHS document issued at the time of discontinuation
- All dependents’ IDs
|Relation with PENSIONER||Marital Status||Documents required|
|Mother||Widow||Father Death Certificate|
|Step-mother||Widow||Father Death Certificate|
|Son||Unmarried||If student above 21 yrs, Bonafide Certificate|
|Daughter||Widow||Marriage Certificate & Death certificate of her husband|
|Step-son||Unmarried||If student above 21 yrs, Bonafide Certificate|
|Step-daughter||Widow||Marriage Certificate & Death certificate of her husband|
|Brother||Unmarried||Father Death Certificate and If student above 21 yrs, Bonafide Certificate|
|Step-brother||Unmarried||Father Death Certificate and If student above 21 yrs, Bonafide Certificate|
|Sister||Unmarried||Father Death Certificate|
|Sister||Divorced||Father Death Certificate and Divorced Degree|
|Sister||Widow||Father Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate & Death certificate of her husband|
|Step-sister||Unmarried||Father Death Certificate|
|Step-sister||Divorced||Father Death Certificate and Divorced Degree|
|Step-sister||Widow||Father Death Certificate, Marriage Certificate & Death certificate of her husband|
If any of your dependents are physically or mentally challenged, you must upload a Railway Doctor Certified Medical Certificate.
Registration Process of UMID
The registration process for UMID is straightforward. Once you visit the official website of UMID, you find the way to fillup the form. You need to upload all the necessary documents, your correct details etc.
Let’s quickly look at the steps that we need to follow for the Registration of UMID
1) Click on the ‘REGISTER’ on the Official website of UMID or log in and click on ‘REGISTER ‘and then select “PENSIONER.”
2) Select Type of User
3) Choose the Type of Pension Scheme
4) Fill in three validation fields that will be displayed:
- PPO Number
- Date of Birth
- Date of Cessation
5) Tab on the ‘VALIDATE DETAIL’ button.
6) Click on ‘CONFIRMATION’ if the details are correct
7) If the information is correct, move on to the next step to register your phone number.
8) Verify the OTP
9) Set the password and tap on ‘REGISTER.’
10) Now you can log in on UMID because the registration process is finished
RailRecipe is recognised for delivering top-notch food in trains.
Log-in & Application process of UMID
Now that you have the UMID login details tab on the login, provide your details, and press ‘login’. For the application process for a UMID card, go to the ‘INITIATE APPLICATION’ and fill the form accordingly; ask for the details on the display page. Fill out the form, click on ‘Process’ and upload the document ( Note: If a PENSIONER is filling out the form for themself, the procedure is simple; however, if a PENSIONER family member is filling out the form for themselves, the application page will require extra information, so kindly take all document with you during application fillup). After completing all the document uploads, click on ‘Preview’ to check the form, and after that, click on ‘Submit’. After submitting the form, you can check the application or track your application status on ‘MY APPLICATION STATUS’ in the Menu. ‘
To complete the online application form for UMID, you must fill in the following fields:
|For Employee||For Dependents of Employees|
|Gender||Family Member Name*|
|PAN number||Date of Birth|
|Date of Birth||Relation*|
|Phy./ Men. Challenged*|
|Health Unit Opted|
Salient Features of UMID Cards:
1) Smart Health Card System:
UMID is a card that provides each medical beneficiary with a unique identity through a unique number. Unique features such as a web-enabled QR code and biometric identity with a single database across India are also accessible to cardholders.
2) Web & Mobile Application:
Although online form filling is available, it is simple to complete an application. The UMID app is also available on Google Play, making it simple for users to register and complete the UMID Application form. To e-validate your information, you can also print a QR code on paper.
3) Automatic Generation of OPD Slips:
Due to this card’s functionality, every railway employee and their dependents can now receive medical services at any railway hospital or private clinic and create automatic OPD slips.
4) Fully Electronic Platform:
UMID’s entire registration, approval, and card generation procedure are conducted online. Because of this, the user feels relieved. There is no need for any additional paperwork because everything is done online. Even the updating of medical benefits information is done over the internet.
5) Easy and Convenient to Use:
The built-in authentication system of UMID medical cards has made obtaining health care for railway staff and their dependents quite simple and straightforward. Medical facilities can be accessed using any of the following seven legitimate details: medical card number, PF number, QR code, PAN number, Aadhar number, PPO number, and registered mobile number.
6) Card Independent System:
It has become highly effective to identify without a physical card using an integrated database of Pan Indian Identity numbers (PF no./ PAN/ Aadhar/ PPO/ Registered Mobile No., etc.) and biometric and QR code methods.
Benefits of UMID Health Card
1) Access to health care services at railway hospitals is now more convenient for railway employees and their dependents due to UMID cards.
2) Through a web and phone application, any railway serviceman can apply for a UMID card from any location or place
3) Without a physical UMID card, it is possible to identify recipients. Because the entire procedure is conducted online, any changes to beneficiary or recipients’ information and specifics can be made quickly.
4) For the sake of convenience, a beneficiary has numerous sources of identification.
5) UMID health cards allow debits and credits to be issued between health units.
6) Automatic rule integration with manual inspection is a feature of the UMID card powered by a powerful rule engine.
7) Kiosk-based smart hospital interface that can create OPD slips automatically.
8) UMID cards include built-in validation for automated invalidation.
RailRecipe (an authorized partner of IRCTC) is a top food delivery service on Indian Railways
In this blog, you found all about UMID cards, like registration, benefit, using of it and so on.
Are you aware of the leading food delivery service in train? Ok, let you know that the leading food delivery service on the railway is RailRecipe which is capable of providing food to Indian train passengers, officers, recipients etc., on time. A-1 quality food, on-time delivery, a wide range of food options, affordable price and so on are the benefits are getting the Railrecipe consumer. On bulk orders, you get massive discounts, plus there are all seasons discounts to get Railrecipe users.
Rather than food delivery, Railrecipe has great other features on its online portal and app. The feature gets the railrecipe user rather than top-notch food is that the user can check PNR status, station details, platform location, arrival and departure time of the train, train running status and so on. You are already too late to try the taste of railrecipe food on your train journey, don’t wait, just order your prefered food from Railrecipe.