Indian Railways has been standing all the way long during this pandemic to support the local citizens of the nation as well as be a part of the on-going initiatives by Indian government. Right from the beginning, Railways has provided a lot of aid in easing the mounting pressured due to this pandemic. Starting from preparing masks on large scale to creation of COVID-19 Isolation coaches to running of special “Shramik” trains, It has added a lot of effort in fighting this pandemic.
In its continued endeavour, Indian railway has also devised some unique tech inputs in the form of robot which will enable to assist the management of medical wards in serving medicine and food to patients! The Robot named RAIL BOT (R-BOT) has been developed by the South Central Railway to assist in hospital management functions towards patient care. According to a press release issued by the zone, before being deployed for use in Central Railway Hospital, Lallaguda, Secunderabad, the R-BOT underwent extensive trials and demonstrations. The robot is being used to provide medical accessories or equipment, medicines as well as to serve food to patients in the hospital, without any need for physical contact.
What’s Unique About R-Bot?
The R-BOT is operated through a unique mobile app that has been developed as part of the innovation, supported by the WiFi facility. The R-BOT supports sensor-based features, which are capable to read patients’ body temperature and transmit the same for display on the mobile phone. In case of any abnormal high-temperature reading, the R-BOT is capable of raising an alarm so as to alert the medics attending to the patients.
Some of the salient features of R-BOT are as follows:
- It enables real-time video camera facility with Pan and Tilt functions.
- The Robot acts as two-way audio and video communication with recording. This feature allows for smooth interaction between doctors and patients.
- To enable communication in complete darkness, it uses infra-red technology with emergency night lamp and night vision.
- Also, to circumvent any foreign object in its way, the Robot holds 08 direction motion control with observation avoidance sensors as well as motion detection.
- It can read the body temperature remotely and transmit the same on app, also serving as an alert mechanism for cautioning on patients’ high temperatures.
- It boasts a speed of 1 Km per hour with a load-carrying capacity of 80 kg.
- It is also capable of functioning on a single charge of battery continuously for six hours.
- It can be operated by using Android mobile app as well as Radio Frequency remote controller.
Recommended Read: Complete List of Special Trains to Run Post Lockdown From Indian Railways
Stay updated with every piece of information in terms of Indian Railways and developments during this pandemic by subscribing to Railrecipe‘s Blog. Share your thoughts in the comments and we will get back with an update on your queries.