The Indian Railway is becoming an important part of our life because a large number of people use to travel via train for their travelling purposes. Trains are not only comfortable and convenient but also connect the entire nation into a common thread. Indian Railways is often known as the Lifeline of the Nation because each and every person in our country is connected to Indian Railways directly or indirectly.
Railways are the principal and most important mode of transportation so it is the first choice for all Indians as well as foreign passengers who come to visit the country. If you want to see the real beauty of India then you must travel via train because the train crosses through different picturesque landscapes such as mountains, hills, plains, forests, etc.
Order Fresh and Tasty Food on Train From RailRecipe
Indian Railways launch different trains from time to time and also introduce new technology in their respective trains. Apart from introducing superfast trains such as Gatiman Express and Vande Bharat trains, Railways has also included some luxury trains in India as well. If you want to experience a royal and king-like travelling experience on a train then you must travel from luxury trains once in life. There are a total number of 7 luxury trains in our country that can give you a royal feeling while travelling. Here, in this article, I am going to discuss the popular luxury trains in India.
What Luxury Trains in India Offer to its Esteemed Passengers?
Luxury trains are basically premium quality trains with luxurious facilities like a 5-star hotel. If you want to explore the true essence of Indian culture then a luxury train journey is best for you. Train travel is often considered a more refined and comfortable option compared to flight travel. Luxury trains in India offer various facilities that make the journey unforgettable. Some of the important features of luxury trains are mentioned below:
- These trains typically have larger and more spacious cabins including various other facilities such as restaurants, bars and lounges etc.
- Suppose you are travelling by luxury train then you will get plenty of time to enjoy the journey. You can socialise with other passengers while enjoying the luxurious and royal facilities of the train.
- The quality of the food on the luxury train is mind-blowing. One of the best things about luxury trains is food because food is something that attracts people more than anything else. Since the kitchen of the train is on board the passengers can enjoy hot and freshly cooked meals while travelling. They serve outstanding food that will be enough to make your journey memorable.
- If you want to stay connected with your work during your journey then you don’t need to worry about the connection. The luxury trains offer strong internet as well as Wi-Fi connection facilities. Apart from that, these luxury trains also offer onboard offices and meeting spaces for business travellers.
- Some luxury trains in India such as Maharaja Express provide some special facilities such as laundry, telephone facility, consistent power supply, wheelchair facilities for the disabled, special diet for fitness freak passengers and also spa facilities.
Top Luxury Trains in India
Luxury trains can be the best option when you want to have a luxurious experience while travelling. Here, in this article, I am going to mention some of the top luxury trains in India. If you want a dreamy train journey then these trains are the best for you.
If we talk about luxurious trains in India then Maharaja Express comes on the first list because it is the most expensive and luxurious train in the world. This train is inspired by the British period because during the days of the British Raj, the kings and princes had their own luxurious carriages that they used for their personal needs. Each cabin of the train is decorated with a royal interior that will surely win your heart.
There are a total number of 18 carriages in the Maharaja’s Express and each and every carriage has been named after precious stones. The names of the carriages are moti (pearl), Pukhraj (sapphire), Neelam (blue sapphire), Feroza (turquoise) etc. These 14 carriages are home to luxury cabins and these cabins are broadly divided into four categories that are mentioned below:
- Deluxe Cabins
- Presidential Suites
- Junior Suites
Maharaja Express offers various facilities for the passengers such as LED TV, King size bed, channel music, laundry facility, free Wi-Fi connection, private bathroom, restaurants, electronic safety deposit, super delicious cuisines, DVD player and direct dial telephone service etc. Travelling in Maharaja Express can be your most enjoyable trip where you will feel king-like treatment. This train journey will make you feel like you are sitting in the lap of luxury.
Also, read: 10 Great Things to do while travelling on train
Palace on Wheels
Palace on Wheels is one of the most popular luxurious trains in India. This train will definitely give you a royal feeling while travelling. This train will provide luxurious top-notch facilities with a royal ambience. As the name says, this train is just like “Palace on Wheels”. In route of this iconic train, you will be able to see beautiful cities of Rajasthan such as
- Bharatpur etc.
Apart from Rajasthan, it will take you to Agra before returning to Delhi. The total ticket cost range of this luxurious train is from Rs. 5,20,000 to Rs. 14,00,000. There are mainly two restaurants in this luxurious train; those are The Maharaja and The Maharani with royal and Rajasthani ambience serving a variety of dishes such as continental and Chinese cuisines. Apart from that, this train also has one bar-cum lounge and 14 salons and a spa.
If we talk about luxurious trains then Golden Chariot needs no introduction at all because it is one of the most popular trains in India. This train covers the route from Bengaluru to Cochin. The total ticket cost of the Golden Chariot is Rs. 3,20,130 per person/per journey. This train is popularly known as the luxury tourist train that connects important tourist places in India. This train was named after the stone chariot in the Vitthala temple at Hampi. This luxurious train offers a variety of facilities for the passengers that are mentioned below:
- This train has two restaurants.
- This traIn offers 44 cabins in 18 coaches.
- There is a lounge bar on this train.
- This train also has a conference room.
- This train has gym and spa facilities.
- It offers onboard internet connectivity via a USB stick and satellite antenna that provides live television service in the cabins.
The Deccan Odyssey
The Deccan Odyssey is one of the popular luxury trains in India that offers lavish and royal pampering to guests. There are a total number of 31 luxuriously appointed coaches and out of these coaches, 11 coaches are to accommodate guests. The leftover 10 coaches are used for providing different facilities to the passengers such as a health spa, conference bar, lounge, and dining space. This luxury train offers many modern facilities for its guests such as internet or Wi-Fi connectivity, air-conditioning, and personalized guest amenities to make sure they have a comfortable and memorable journey experience. Apart from that this luxury train also offers facilities of:
- Mini Gym
- Dining Car
- Conference Hall
- Ayurvedic Spa Cabins
- Multi-Cuisine Restaurants
The Deccan Odyssey train is basically a collaboration between the Indian Railway and the state Government of Maharashtra. This luxury train covers the popular tourist places of Maharashtra and lets travellers get a glimpse of the State’s incredibly rich cultural heritage. The total ticket cost of this train is from Rs. 5,12,000 to Rs. 11,10,000. If you want to have a royal experience while traveling on a train in nearby Maharashtra then this train can be the best option for you.
Royal Orient Train
Experience a royal journey with a Royal Orient Train because this luxurious ride offers a delightful experience for travellers. The Route of this train is from Delhi to Jaipur and different cities come between this train such as
- Sasan Gir
- Jaipur etc.
The starting fare of this train is Rs. 7,480 + 4.5% service tax. The fare of this train is quite low compared to other luxurious trains so everybody can afford to travel by Royal Orient Train. This luxury train offers different facilities that are mentioned below:
- There are 14 air-conditioned beautifully maintained salons.
- Every cabin on this train can take in three passengers and only two passengers are onboard in every cabin.
- Every cabin has music channel speakers.
- There are two attached bathrooms with hot and cold baths in the middle of the two cabins.
- There is also an arrangement for an emergency first aid kit on board the train.
Enjoy Fresh and Tasty Train Food From RailRecipe E-Catering Service
If you are a regular train traveler then you can order your food from IRCTC’s authorized e-catering service provider company RailRecipe which delivers the best food on the train.
You must be logged in to post a comment.