When you cancel the reservation for a train ticket, you’re entitled to a full or partial reimbursement of the amount of money you spent on the tickets at the reservation time according to IRCTC train ticket refund rules. The refund process differs for counter tickets and e-tickets purchased online through the IRCTC app. In addition, the amount of the refund is also dependent on the condition of the ticket. For if you’re canceling a confirmed or RAC, Tatkal, or Waitlisted ticket, as well as the time you’ve decided to cancel the ticket. Specific guidelines and rules govern the process of refunding train tickets.
IRCTC Train Ticket Refund Rules for tickets booked through the IRCTC Mobile App or Website
As per IRCTC Train Ticket refund rules, you can obtain refunds for online tickets by canceling the tickets online. The applicable cancellation fee is deducted from the total amount, and the rest gets returned to the same payment gateway.
Refund According to Train Ticket Reservation Class
If passengers cancel their train ticket 48 hours before the schedule of the train, the cancellation charges are as deducted as per IRCTC norms and rules as mentioned below:
- 1st Class AC Tickets: Cancellation Charges Rs 240+ GST
- 2nd Class AC Tickets: Cancellation Charges Rs 200+ GST
- 3rd Class AC Tickets: Cancellation Charges Rs 180+ GST
- Sleeper Class Tickets: Cancellation Charges Rs 120
- Second Class: Cancellation Charges Rs 60
Refund Rules for Tatkal Tickets
No refund policy is there for the cancellation of Tatkal train tickets. However, passengers can claim a refund in case of waitlist tatkal tickets. The refund on your confirmed booked Tatkal tickets is done under the following conditions only:
- If the train gets delayed by more than 3 hours from the source station.
- The train gets diverted from its original route.
- The coach to which your Tatkal seat is allocated isn’t connected to the train, and there aren’t seats of the same type.
Suggested read: Get Immediate Refund on Train Ticket Cancellation
Know About IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Refund Rules
- The cancellation of tickets taken online, i.e., via e-tickets, is not permitted at railway counters.
- If an e-ticket is canceled within 48 hours and until 12 hours before the train’s scheduled departure time, Indian Railways deducts 25% of the base price plus GST for the entire AC classes.
- If a confirmed ticket is canceled under 12 hours and 4 hours before the departure time of the train railways, the IRCTC deducts 50% of the base price.
- E-tickets are not refundable after the preparation of the chart.
- If the ticket is not canceled 4 hours before the departure date, no refund of the fare will be allowed on the tickets.
- For cancellations of RAC/waitlisted tickets, The amount of Rs. 60/Passenger is deducted from transaction costs.
- In case of Tatkal ticket cancellation, no refunds will be given.
How to Cancel IRCTC Train Tickets?
- Visit the IRCTC official website.
- Click on “Cancel ticket.”
- Select “E-ticket option.”
- Make sure you check the booking date before initiating the cancellation.
- Choose the cancellation date.
- Go to Cancel Ticket.
- The money will get refunded to your account within 3-4 working days.
For Cancellation of Counter Tickets
- Visit the IRCTC official website and click “Trains.”
- Click on the ‘Cancel ticket option.’
- Enter the PNR number along with the train number, and then click “Submit.”
- You will receive the OTP on your mobile number supplied at booking.
- Enter OTP to verify the cancellation.
- Check the PNR information on the screen.
- Click on ‘Cancel Tickets.’
- Your tickets will get canceled, and the amount that will get refunded by IRCTC will display on the screen.
- Passengers may then take their refund money from the source station.
Conclusion: IRCTC Train Ticket Refund Rules
It is all about IRCTC train ticket refund rules that you should keep in mind before canceling your train tickets. This information is brought to you by RailRecipe. RailRecipe is an IRCTC-authorized e-catering platform that provides fresh and tasty food on train seats. Travelers can order train food either by Railrecipe App, website, or toll-free number 8448440365.