Indian Govt announces free Covid19 Vaccination for all Adults 18+ Years from May 1. The Covid-19 vaccination third phase decision was taken during a meeting by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday (April 19, 2021). Covid vaccination for all adults 18+ years of age is seen as a significant step in controlling the second wave of Corona Virus, in which India’s infection tally has reached 15,924,989.
Covid-19 (Corona Virus) vaccination will be made available for all Indian peoples above 18 years from May 1 onwards, the health ministry announced on Monday (April 19, 2021). The much-awaited announcement comes when India has been recording a daily surge of over 300,000 cases of corona disease for the past week.
“India is vaccinating citizens at a world record pace, and we will continue this with even greater momentum,” Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi said during the meeting where the decision to vaccination for all adults (18+) in India was taken.The Covid-19 vaccination third phase move is seen as a major step in controlling the Covid-19 second wave spread. According to the Health and Family Welfare Minister, India’s infection tally has reached 15,924,989, and the toll from the specific viral disease has gone up to 178,769.
During April 19 Covid Emergency meeting, Narendra Modi said that the Indian government had been working hard for over a year to ensure that most Indian people get vaccines in the shortest possible time. Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi added that India is vaccinating people at an extreme pace, which will continue with even greater energy. Bihar, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh state governments have already announced to provide free covid19 vaccines to all from the age of 18+ years.
Here’s a Look at Major Points on India’s Free Covid19 Vaccination Strategy:
- India’s first phase Covid-19 immunization program was started on January 16, 2021, in which all health and frontline workers were eligible to take the vaccine. The second phase of the Covid-19 vaccination will begin on March 1, 2021, and April 1, 2021. During the second phase, all Indian people above 60 years of age and those over 45+ years with neurologic, accounting for more than 80% Covid-19 mortality in the Indian country, were allowed to take the corona vaccine.
- The “advanced and stimulated Phase 3 strategy” of Corona vaccination becomes practical from May 1, 2021, following which India’s entire adult population, i.e., all residents above the age of 18+ years, will be allowed to take the effective corona vaccine.
- From May 1, corona vaccine producers would supply 50% of their monthly Central Drugs Laboratory released doses to the Indian government and would be free to supply the remaining 50% doses to all Indian state governments and in the private hospital and medical store according to the Health Minister statement.
- Corona Vaccine Manufacturers are required to make an advanced declaration of the vaccine price for a 50% supply that would be available to state governments and in the private market before April 30, 2021. The all Indian state government, private hospitals, industrial establishments, etc., will be able to carry coved vaccine doses from the manufacturers based on these prices. All private hospitals would have to attain their supplies of Corona vaccine exclusively from the 50% supply earmarked for other than the government channel.
How to Register for Covid-19 Vaccination Phase 3:
- Visit Co-WIN official website https://www.cowin.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Register/Sign In yourself’ button
- Enter your 10-digit valid mobile number.
- Then, you will receive an OTP on your submitted mobile number; enter the OTP in the space provided.
- Once you have registered successfully, schedule your vaccination appointment at desired date and time.
After your Covid vaccination is completed, you will get a unique Reference ID through which you can get your vaccination certificate.
Required Documents for Free Covid-19 Vaccination Phase 3 Registrations:
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Health Insurance smart card issued under by Ministry of Labour
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) job card
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- Passbooks issued by bank/post office
- Pension document
- Service identity cards issued to employees by central/ state government / Public limited companies
As part of the ‘liberalized and accelerated Phase 3 strategy of Covid-19 vaccination‘, all persons above 18+ years will be eligible to get a Covid-19 vaccine drive. Hence this vast (COVID19) Corona vaccination drive seems to applaud able with every detail seems properly thought upon to make it a grand success by the ruling government.
Thank you, Covid-19 Vaccination Team, for your significant contribution!